Perhaps you are working toward a specific goal, such as weight loss. Perhaps you can't (or don't want) to eat gluten, sugar, dairy or meat. Perhaps the only veggies you get each week are the ones you find on a take-out pizza, or in the prepared-meals section of the Atlantic Superstore and you want to change this. Maybe you just don't have the time, or the desire, to cook delicious and nutritious meals from scratch, but you still want to eat in a way that nourishes your body—and as a bonus, supports the local economy and sustainable agriculture. I can help you with all of the above.
When you buy take-out food, or prepared meals from the grocery store or a meal-delivery service, you give up your control. You can't control the quality or freshness, and therefore nutritional value, of the ingredients used. You can't control the source of the ingredients either. Did that summer lettuce come from Ontario or California? Is that chicken from a local farm or a big box grocery store? But more importantly, there is little room for customization. You don't get to communicate that you would prefer green beans over zucchini, or coconut oil over butter, or butter over coconut oil in Wednesday's stir fry. You can't sit and have a long chat with the chef about what your schedule is like for the week, and what sorts of things you, and maybe your family, might want and need to eat. You don't have the option of having a personal chef working closely with your nutritionist to support a program in which you've invested time and money for your personal well being.
What does a Personal Chef do?
Here's what happens when you hire me as a Personal Chef:
- We have a quick phone or email consultation, and you complete a questionnaire about your food preferences, dietary requirements or restrictions, eating habits etc.
- We meet in person, preferably at your home, to discuss the questionnaire, get to know one another, and so that I can familiarize myself with your kitchen and your culinary tools; we set a date for services to begin
- I come up with your first menu and submit it to you for approval
- The day of service, I buy all the required groceries en route to your home. Generally I shop at particular grocers, but will happily shop anywhere you prefer
- At your home—you can be present or away—I cook your fresh, not frozen, meals for the week, store them in containers (which I will bring) and label them clearly with reheating or preparation instructions, and the shelf life
- I clean your kitchen so that you can come home to a tidy, stress-free home
Private cooking classes with a Personal Chef ... in your own home!
Within my Personal Chef services, I also offer private cooking classes, taught in your home with your own tools (and fancy tools from my own arsenal, too). Learn new skills or explore regional cuisines. Whether it's perfecting a chiffonade or making a mean Mexican meal, you will have fun, learn tons of tricks and tips, and then sit down in style to enjoy all of the wonderful food you made!
All Personal Chef services begin with a free consultation. Book yours today!